Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thieves Household Cleaner


1 capful to a 8oz bottle

I bought Thieves cleaner back in January. It sat in my pantry and, honestly, I forgot about.

Fast forward to March and the dreaded "Spring Cleaning". I was out of my regular kitchen spray so I decided to give this little bottle a try. The dilution for "most cleaning applications" was 30:1 so I put 1 capful in my 8oz bottle, (above), and 30 capfuls of tap water. It filled the bottle perfectly.

I cleaned the entire kitchen with this one cleaner and everything was sparkling and smelled great.
Don't get me wrong, there are a few things that this cleaner won't do. For instance, if you haven't cleaned your oven in two years, (guilty), you might need something stronger, but for everyday cleaning Thieves is my new go-to.

Today I decided to try mopping with 5 capfuls to my bucket of water. The floor looks fabulous and, again, the house smells nice and clean. I wish I would have taken an after picture of the mop water. Man, this stuff can clean!

I used 5 capfuls for this bucket

I'm no math genius, actually I'm terrible at math, but if 1 capful makes 8oz of cleaner than this 14.4oz bottle will make a ton! That makes the $22 price tag on this stuff  a pretty good deal.

Here are the dilution ratios from the website:
  • light degreasing 60:1
  • medium degreasing 30:1
  • heavy degreasing 15:1
  • floors 100:1
  • walls 30:1
  • upholstery, fabrics, carpet spotting 40:1
  • carpet 100:1
  • glass 320:1
  • pots and pans; 100:1 
  • hand cleaner 1:1



No comments:

Post a Comment