Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Private Selection Brand

*bzzagent is a word-of-mouth media channel that helps connect consumers with brands, companies and marketers to harness the power of honest opinions. In most cases, I have received a free product to try and give my honest opinion about.

I receive so many fun things to try through bzzagent and this campaign was no exception.

I have tried the Private Selection brand at Kroger in the past, (again through bzzagent), but they seem to be coming out with more and more products.

Private Selection is unique because, although it's a store brand, they are trying to also be "high end". I agree that in a lot of cases their products are superior, however, in some cases, the price is also almost ridiculous. You be the judge.

Here's what I got:

A two pack of Angus hamburgers on sale for $3.99lb. This package was $4.75 meaning that these were over 1/2 pounders.

Let's take a little looksie at these burgers compared to another store brand's pre-made patties...


Yeah I like mine rare.


So overall the PS Angus beef was much better in taste and size, price was comparable per lb, but you do get many more burgers with the other store brand.

I also received a free apple pie. These are in the bakery dept. The crust was delicious but the apples were pretty sour. It was a good sized pie, but for $7.99 not sure I would buy it. Call me a cheapskate!

Bzz also sent me a coupon for $1.50 off of a pint of the PS ice cream or sorbet. Lucky for me these were on sale 2/$3. I love FREE!

What impressed me was the variety of flavors that this brand had to offer in pint size. (Almost) every one of them sounded delicious and were unique. I chose the Blood Orange Sorbet, and will shamefully tell you that it was gone by the end of the night. So delicious!

Last but not least, bzz sent me a bag of PS Sea Salt & Black Pepper Kettle Chips. I'm not a big chip fan so I'm not exactly sure what "kettle chips" are supposed to taste like but these were really crunchy, (like tear up the roof of your mouth crunchy), which could be a good thing because that way you are forced not to eat too many! The flavor was good.



I especially LOVE their frozen White Wine and Garlic Mussels and they are normally on sale for around $3. Now that's a deal!


Needless to say, I like the Private Selection Brand for the most part. Kudos to them for their selection and quality ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment