Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Neutrogena Cosmetics

I was pretty happy when I received my Neutrogena BzzKit from Bzzagent* a couple of weeks ago. They really outdid themselves this time with the amount of product I received to try. Here is a 30 something's opinion after a straight week and a half of daily usage:


1. Revitalizing Lip Balm in three shades.

From the website:

"Revitalizing Lip Balm helps make lips softer, rosier and healthier-looking, even after you take it off! This sheer tinted balm with exclusive ion2complex™ instantly moisturizes lips, leaving them looking fuller and more defined. In just one week, it helps improve lips' texture and restores the look of rosiness. SPF 20 helps protect lips and keeps them looking healthy."

I have to admit that this stuff works pretty well. I've always had a hard time with lipsticks and even lip gloss because my lips tend to get dry and yucky and I get peeling. It's been a huge problem for me. I've hardly gotten these symptoms with constant wear of this lip balm. I've also noticed that my lips do feel softer and smoother. The $7 price tag scares me a bit because this is about the shape and size of a chapstick. I'll see how I feel about it after I run out.

2. Brightening Eye Perfector

From the website:

"Discover a do-it-all product that not only brightens and conceals with a patented blend of anti-oxidants including Vitamin E, wild chamomile and soy, but is also clinically shown to de-puff and treat the appearance of dark under eye circles. A flow-through brush perfectly applies the Brightening Eye Perfector for on-the-go flawless coverage anytime."

I have mixed feelings about this one. At first, I had no idea what to even do with this stuff. I read the directions, turned the little knob and a big glob of product came out onto the brush. I tried to brush it on around my eyes but it just made a mess. Haha! I figured out, after several attempts, that the best way for me to apply this product is to turn the knob, dab on each eyelid and under each eye, and blend with my finger. This product does a good job of brightening up around your eyes, especially if you have dark circles. What I don't like about it is that it tends to get very dry and sort of separate in the corner. It also makes my eyes water sometimes. I would definitely shop around at other brands instead of buying this for $9.

3. Nourishing Eye Liner

From the website:

Neutrogena® Nourishing Eyeliner defines and brightens eyes with luminous color. Subtle light diffusers make the whites of eyes appear whiter, while rich color nourishes skin with Olive Oil and Rainforest Shea Butter. The built-in sharpener gives precise definition and the contoured smudger softens and blends for a variety of looks.

This was another product that I was initially unsure about. The liner seemed very greasy and a little hard to put on straight because it was so soft. The smudger works great. I figured out that the liner sets after you put it on and then it's good for the rest of the day although it still seems like it smears more than a traditional pencil liner. Not a bad deal at around $6.

Overall, this line of products has great potential and I love that they are making makeup that not only looks great but is also good for your skin.

*bzzagent is a word-of-mouth media channel that helps connect consumers with brands, companies and marketers to harness the power of honest opinions. In most cases, I have received a free product to try and give my honest opinion about.

No comments:

Post a Comment