Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chicken and White Bean Chili w/Avacado Lime Sour Cream


My first post and I figured I'd just dive right in. I was inspired to make this recipe after we went to a chili tasting festival yesterday afternoon. This one couple had chicken chili and it was phenomenal! I had never tried it before, (and I don't like chicken all that much), but it was so good that I decided to make my own. I'm not the type to measure anything but I'll do my best to share my version, (which is delicious!)

1 1/2 - 2lb Ground Chicken
4 (different) cans of white beans. I used Cannellini, Butter, Great Northern, Navy
Chicken Broth
Cilantro, chopped, separated
Garlic, minced
Baby Bellas, sliced (optional)
Small Can of Chipotle White Corn
1 Sweet Onion, chopped
Roasted Green Chilies to taste, chopped
1 Jalapeno, tiny diced
Cumin, dry, to taste
Oregano, dry, to taste
corn starch
Green Onion
White Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Strips

Use olive oil to saute the chicken, sweet onion, garlic and mushrooms (if adding), cumin and oregano in a large pot. When chicken is cooked add about 6 cups of broth keeping heat around medium to med/high. Rinse all beans and strain, add to pot. Add chilies, 1/2 of cilantro, can of corn, and a bit of jalapeno. Turn down heat a bit and simmer.

Make avocado/lime sour cream while this is simmering.
Mash up an extremely ripe avocado in a bowl, add sour cream, lime juice and tiny bits of
jalapeno. Add a little sea salt.

Mix about a half cup of water with 2 Tbsp of corn starch until no lumps. Slowly add to the simmering chili and stir to thicken it. Make sure the pot is simmering well or this won't work. After about 2 minutes, if it still isn't thick enough for you, turn up the heat a bit and add more of the corn starch mixture.
Ladle into a bowl and top with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips, a bit of green onion, and a bit of cilantro. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment